Jan 10 2017
The show runs from 6-8pm (EST) on WXOX 97.1 FM.
If your location happens to fall outside the station antenna’s range, then you can listen in via the internet. Visit this station site page (LINK) to either listen via their embedded audio player or download one of their recommended apps.
And, remember, if you’re playing the custom ARTxFM Mingle drinking game… each time I mispronounce a musician’s name, you take a shot. Double it if I also misidentify an album title, song title, or geographical location. If I forget either Kevin’s or my own name, then it’s three shots. Might be a good idea to be proactive and call in sick to work for Wednesday right now.
And speaking of artists… here’s a tentative playlist of songs being featured. It’s a Best of 2016 theme this time around.
1. Random Charles Mingus tune, which Kevin always begins his show with.
2. Allison Miller – “Shimmer”
3. Jeremy Cunningham – “Bembe”
4. Paraskevas Kitsos – “Fovos”
5. Jonathan Finlayson – “Space And…”
6. Jon Armstrong – “The Earth Slides Slowly”
7. Taylor Ho Bynum – “The Sleeping Giant”
8. Moker – “Mind the Gap” and “Kruidsteen”
9. Alexis Cuadrado – “Song of Fulton & Gold”
10. Rob Clearfield – “Ralph Towner”
11. Julian Shore – “Which Way Now?”
12. Brandee Younger – “Ruby Echo” and “Afro Harping”
13. Ian Carey – “Interview Music I”
14. Arthur Vint – “Heyoka”
15. Greg Ward – “The Menacing Lean”
To learn more about any of the music on this list, go check out the Bird is the Worm Best of 2016 list, which will give you some music to listen to and a synopsis and a link to where you can discover even more about the music.
And hopefully that’s enough music to fill up the two-hour show duration. Otherwise, I’m gonna have to start singing Stone Temple Pilot tunes to a live studio audience (aka Kevin Coultas, poor poor Kevin Coultas)
And here’s a link to the audio archive of the show, where you can listen to this show afterwards, as well as previous guest appearances or, mercifully, those shows where Kevin takes the reins solo.
Here’s an audio embed of my radio appearance in case you weren’t able to tune in live or, perhaps, because you’re a sick puppy and have fallen in love with my voice and need to hear it again at all costs. Note: We did not run out of music to play, so if you were hoping to hear me sing Stone Temple Pilots, you’re going to be massively disappointed.
The playlist is posted above.
Enjoy! And seriously, thanks for listening. I really hope you find some cool new music.