Jun 13 2017
The show runs from 6-8pm (EST) on WXOX 97.1 FM.
If your location happens to fall outside the station antenna’s range, then you can listen in via the internet. Visit this station site page (LINK) to either listen via their embedded audio player or download one of their recommended apps.
And, remember, if you’re playing the custom ARTxFM Mingle drinking game… each time I mispronounce a musician’s name, you take a shot. Double it if I also misidentify an album title, song title, or geographical location. If I forget either Kevin’s or my own name, then it’s three shots. Might be a good idea to be proactive and call in sick to work for Wednesday right now.
And speaking of artists… here’s a tentative playlist of songs
1. A track by Charles Mingus (the musician whom Kevin always begins his show with)
2. Bill Frisell – “Tales from the Far Side” (more)
3. Araxi Karnusian – “Interrupted” (more)
4. Gianluca Petrella – “The Comics”
5. Amit Friedman – “Sunrise” (more)
6. Guillermo Klein – “Va Roman” (more)
7. Omer Avital – “Free Forever” (more)
8. Todd Sickafoose – “Tiny Resistors” (more)
9. Markus Pesonen – “A Day in the Life” (more)
10. Benjamin Koppel – “Quietness Before Departure” (more)
11. Klabbes Bank – “Led Mig Bort” (more)
12. Dwight Trible – “Black is the Colour of my True Love’s Hair”
13. Kammerflimmer Kollektief – “Lichterloh” (more)
14. Anne Paceo – “Little Bouddha” (more)
15. Nils Berg Cinemascope – “We Are Nobody” (more)
16. Jean Lapouge – “Des Enfants” (more)
17. The Dreamers – “Akialoa” (more)
To learn more about any of the music on this list, just follow the More link. It’ll lead you to some music to listen to and a synopsis and a link to where you can discover even more about the music. Tonight’s focus is more of a Songs-Dave-Likes show rather than a focus on new releases.
And hopefully that’s enough music to fill up the two-hour show duration. Otherwise, I’m gonna have to start singing Faith No More tunes to a live studio audience (aka Kevin Coultas, poor poor Kevin Coultas)
And here’s a link to the audio archive of the show, where you can listen to this show afterwards, as well as previous guest appearances or, mercifully, those shows where Kevin takes the reins solo.
And here’s the audio from tonight’s show, just in case you weren’t able to tune in live or, understandably, happen to be irredeemably addicted to the sound of my voice.
Thanks again to Kevin Coultas and ARTxFM for having me on and giving me the opportunity to share some fantastic music.